Dear Tess,
Thanks for all your hard work for us lacemakers.  I was unable to find the one
you mentioned but when I was clicking on the sample pages under Illustrations,
I saw this one:
Magnasco, Allessandro. Lace Making and Embroidery in a Convent,  The Bulletin
of the Needle and Bobbin Club, 1929, 1 page. Posted September 26, 2003.

My picture was fairly small on my screen, but is that a monkey sitting on a
stool in amongst the nuns?  Surprised me to see it.  Maybe their mascot was a
monkey instead of a hedgehog or spider. <g>  I would think it could be a bit
hazardous having a monkey around all that lace and pins.

Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/