Bev, this sounds lovely and to hear the sounds of people who do appreciate the beauty of it is brilliant.

I will have to investigate somewhere that can really make use of a little something annually, I often wish there was something for them to go towards helping their appeals for funds but haven't yet come up with the right thing. Time to get my thinking cap on.

I did give another piece away this summer hoping it would help them to raise funds but they chose to hang it in the church instead and as it is the church my ancesters would have worshipped in many years ago, that felt quite nice too. Bringing the old art and in memory of past generations felt rather good. I am hoping my husbands hand engraved glass will have helped with their fund raising.
It is good to know what others do with their beautiful work.
Sue T, Frosty but sunny Dorset UK.

Hi Sue and everyone
I have enjoyed being able to make money on two pieces, so was able to send
that to the Shelterbox trust who send out tents and life saving equipment
to help in disaster zones.

This is an excellent way to use our lace - every October I donate a piece in
pink, white and silver to a raffle basket with proceeds going to the cure
for breast cancer.
I wouldn't otherwise choose this colour combination, then it is great fun to find a piece that sets off the threads (and vice versa). Last year I donated
a Torchon doily designed by Fumie Kanai. I enjoyed every bit of that
project, the winding of bobbins, preparing the pattern, working the lace,
joining the lace to itself, then attaching it to fabric with neat tiny
'basting' stitches. And then, because I have nowhere to show off such a
lace, it was a pleasure to give away - the oohs and aahs at the receiving
end were the best!
--
Bev  (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)