In one of the books scanned by Tess and the Professor, "The American
Lacemaker" Volume 2, there is an unusual pattern (# 30, pg49) described as
Honiton
(because it's flowery, I guess) but isn't.

(The first page of my PDF file of it, which I saved some time ago, reads:
"The Antique Pattern Library http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org  This scan
was contributed by On-Line Digital Archive of Documents on Weaving and Related
Topics
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/index.html "
so I think I found it through the first address rather than the latter)

This book of instructions relates to prickings which may have had to be
bought separately as they are not included in the scans of volumes 1 or 2 - the
books are produced by the Torchon Lace Company which is the ones that made/sold
the Princess lace pillows that appear on e-bay occasionally.  It is written in
the style of many of the old books where there are pinhole by pinhole
instructions right up to hole # 272, by which time it sounds as if the
lacemaker is
expected to understand it enough to go solo.

I wondered if anyone has a copy of this pattern from which I could negotiate
a scan, I guess I could work out the pattern from the photo but it's not that
clear, and the instructions are virtually meaningless unless one has the
appropriately pinhole-numbered pricking.

By the way, in volume 1 (from the same source) there is an advert at the end
for the company's bobbin winder, which fits onto the fly wheel of a sewing
machine.  Very neat - and only 75cents.  About time there was one on e-bay, I
think.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire