While in Normandy, you might also want to go to Alencon (needle lace) and Argentan - assuming there are still lace museums in either place. Also there's an interesting linen museum somewhere in the area between Bruges and Calais, but I can't remember it;s name. Maybe some of our French friends can comment.

Not lace - but I've always enjoyed visiting Caen - Abbaye aux Hommes for instance. -built during the reign of William the Conqueror

Sue