On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:26:30 -0400, Tamara wrote:
>Like Alice, I don't think I've ever come accross it but, also like
>Alice, I'm intrigued by it. But I cannot, quite visualise it... Is it a
>kind of "lattice", with alternating short (CT) and long (CTCT)
>"planks", which are then reversed in the next row? Is there a worker
>which travels through all pairs at some point (either after every row
>or else after every two)? Is there a photo of the result somewhere? And
>is there a diagram?

There are lots and lots of wild grounds.  The common factor is that they are
regular grounds with some half stitches in.  Some appear regular, some
appear random, but actually they are all repeated.  Here is a sampler that I
did of 20 wild grounds, in 2 sections because the whole thing is too large
for my scanner:
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/images/WildenGrundAnfang2.jpg
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/images/WildenGrundEnde2.jpg
The shape of the sampler is from the Kloeppeln am Laufenden Band book.

And here is a motif that I made using a selection from the sampler:
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/bobbinlace/images/Square.jpg

If anyone wants to study these grounds I have much larger more detailed
images in Adobe Photoshop format (psd), that I can send by email.  But be
warned, the files will be about 20MB for both sections.

--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]