Hello Wendy

A lot of things break when dropped.
However, if you think of human bone, it is quite strong, yet wil break under certain circumstances. The same with bone bobbins. Don't drop them on a concrete floor as they will break.
Apart from that they are pretty strong.
B.t.w. wood bobbins can break too under similar circumstances.

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK
www.sixpennybobbins.co.uk

Wendy Davies wrote:

Hi all

I was told at our last lace day that bone bobbins are very brittle and if
dropped they would break is this true as after reading all of your comments I
would really like to get at least one pair.