Hi Bev

Can you get common or garden cotton sylko 50 (Amman/Coats) - or any other cotton intended for regular machine stitching of seams?

Brenda

On 19 Sep 2008, at 17:02, bev walker wrote:

Hello everyone
...and anyone who does Cantù lace, just a question - what thread(s) do you use?
I'm working on a simple piece, thread specified is just 'no. 40 for
Cantù which I'm guessing is one listed in Brenda's thread book as the
Filato per Tombolo variety.
I don't have that, have tried Finca for lace 40 and 30, and now Coats
Encaje 30, this last one looks the best. It isn't easily available,
that I've seen though.

I might start tinkering with enlarging the pattern to try other
round-y threads, such as Cebelia 30.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada