For some time now I have looking at just "when" East midland Bobbins started to be spangled.

I clearly know why Honiton bobbins were not spangled because they have to "thread" the bobbin through "whatever" from time to time and a spangle would be a darned nuisance to say the least. (It must be obvious that I do not make lace, but none-the-less I love your hobby)

But what about the other areas of the UK that made lace. Did they have similar reasons for not spangling their bobbins?
e.g..
Bedfordshire, Malmesbury or Downton bobbins. oh yes Suffolk too!

PS was there a "West" midland lace industry?

Brian and Jean
from Cooranbong, Australia