Hello Andrea

In the little book published by Liz Knight on Harry Armstrong and the Bucks Cottage Workers' Agency of Olney there is a picture of a trade stand in Buffalo, Canada. Pictured on the right is Harry's sister Hilda Armstrong , in the background is a lady seated at a lace pillow. On the left is a younger woman - could this be the Mrs Netty Armstrong? They are all in front of a stand exhibiting a considerable amount of lace.

Diana in Northants

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Lamble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:13 PM
Subject: [lace] interesting advertisement

Hi All,

I've just download a copy of Home Needlework Magazine - Nov 1915 from the Univ Arizona weaving site and came across this ad which I thought I would share:-

Hand Made Lace
From England

That beautiful lace straight from the peasant workers of Bucks, England. Due to the war these English peasant lacemakers are in real need. Just or unjust,
this struggle is not of their making but these peace-loving folks are
sufferers. Therefore purchases now will be good deed as well as profitable to you. You'll be delighted with the free book we want to send you. Write for it
today.

Mrs Netty Armstrong's Lacemakers, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

Wonder how much they sold?

Happy lacing,

Andrea
in Cambridge, UK