Hi Susan -

Last year, I worked several pieces by Jana Novak from her Nativity group. The thread was the Moravia linen which also has slubs, and comes in wonderful colors. It was extremely effective, and I really enjoyed those little projects!

Clay

hottl...@neo.rr.com wrote:
Hello All!  I've been following the linen & metallic thread discussions with great interest.  What sort of lace
would be made with Goldschild linen aka Londonderry or Rainbow Gallery??  I have both in my embroidery stash &
neither one looks too appetizing to me, i.e thick & bumpy.  I have some Danish linen that is much finer &
more appropriate (in my mind) for lacemaking.  As to metallics, Madeira Astro is a wonderful product & far
superior to Kreinik blending filament, for use in embroidery.  I was lucky enough to attend a Jane Nicholas
stumpwork class when another student & I shared our spools of Madeira Astro with the class for special effects
on some of Jane's bugs.  It is strong but extremely fine & I can't imagine using it alone for gimp?!  Another
metallic that I have not yet seen mentioned is YLI, called Candlelight I believe, & it comes in a nice range of
colors.  It is a heavier metallic & would work nicely as a gimp for a tatting cotton weight thread in the groun
d.
Hope this is helpful. Susan in Erie, PA where we had a LACE DEMO on Sunday afternoon at the museum annex & there was a HUGE crowd! Perhaps there is a (lacey) light at the end of the tunnel & it isn't a train coming from the opposite direction!