From: Sue Babbs <sueba...@comcast.net>
To: salafi...@aol.com
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Sent: Wed, 20 May 2009 7:29 pm
Subject: Re: [lace] Odd request: value of lace bobbins

Was the Australian bobbin maker, Malcolm Fielding (actually English but
moved to Australia in the 1990s)? He made wonderfully smooth bobbins, often
intricately turned, from fancy woods. You can see pictures of his work here:?
?

http://www.thelacebobbinshop.com/mainframe.htm?
?

Look at his 2001 catalogue. (this website isn't very up to date!)?
?

I can tell you what I paid for his bobbins in the 1990s if that helps.?
?

IOLI convention is in LA this summer, if you didn't know already.?
?

Sue?
?