About 26 years ago I stumbled upon lace at a meeting of the 'Young Wives' where the speaker was a local teacher of lacemaking - she came, I saw and I was conquered!! The next day the very helpful speaker loaned me pillow and bobbins and I was off. I knew straight away that I wanted to make Bucks Point and it is still my lace of preference.

It was later that I learned that there were lacemakers in my father family in Bedfordshire - so when I tell people how long I've been making lace I add that my hands already knew the way as its in the blood ;o) The dear, late Vi Bullard was fascinated how I worked and even took photographs to show the late, great Mrs Millar the movement of my hands, but its just seems natural to me.

Sadly I didn't inherit any equipment - just the joy of throwing the bobbins.

Diana - very stiff from too much gardening on a lovely sunny day in Northamptonshire