Good Morning, Lacemakers!

There has been an immediate interest in the Card Exchange, and it appears that we will have another good season of cards! If you have sent me an email and I have not responded, it is because I may not have gotten it. Ask a friend to forward it for you (preferably someone on a different ISP).

I just need to tell everyone that the scam artists have begun their work... please don't be misled by what you get in your email box.

Yesterday, I received a stern notice from Bank of America telling me that there was evidence that someone had tampered with my account, and to please log on (they gave a link) to update my account information. r-i-g-h-t...... I don't even have a BOA account! So if you ever got a similar email and *do* have an account, don't respond to the email but call your bank immediately.

Today, I got a notice from "PayPal" (or so they said...), saying that my account had expired and to please log on to update the information... etc.... same drill. I happen to know that PayPal accounts don't "expire". Again, if you get this message, do NOT respond to it. If you're concerned about your account, go directly to your PayPal account (*don't* use the link in the email!) and write to their customer service department.

Sorry to have posted this along with bona-fide lace content, but if it helps even one of you avoid financial assault, then it's worth it.

Clay