To all who are struggling with breaking threads. Here in South Africa where we have a very definite wet or dry season, I was told a long time ago to keep my threads in a plastic box or bag in the fridge or freezer. This stops them drying out and becoming brittle when it is dry or growing mould when it is hot and humid. When the air is dry you can also cover the bobbins and thread on the pillow with a lightweight cover cloth (man's hankie) and spray it with water in a laundry spray and then cover with a regular cover cloth so that the pillow does not get too wet.

Some years ago, we had a burglary at home. Thankfully we were not there! The burglars opened the small fridge behind the bar. no doubt thinking it would be full of liquor. They must have been very disappointed to find that all it contained was my boxes of lace threads. fortunately they left my threads behind in disgust although we lost some other beongings.
Janis Savage
in Honeydew, Greater Johannesburg,
where we are in a definitely wet summer season.