It has been a while since I got a digest so I thought I would post an email and
hope it prods the machine into sending a digest out.

I got my British Lace magazine on Tuesday and had not realised that it was
delayed until Susan, the editor, posted her message in the last digest.  A nice
thick issue with lots of lovely coloured pictures.

I had sent a photo of a wooden box in response to a request asking for samples
of lace done in other mediums which is shown on page 43 of the magazine.  If
you do not subscribe to Lace, you can see the box on my website about halfway
down the page at:
http://www.jblace.com/jblace/tape-lace-gallery.html

I designed the lace for the box for the 2008 IOLI convention gift and had them
made locally in Illinois by a company that many Americans might recognise.
Heartland Wood from Rockford make many boxes and puzzle boxes that are sold
around the country.  When shopping in other states I look out for their boxes
in gift shops.  I remember seeing some at the market in downtown Charleston,
SC.  The design was laser cut into the wood and it was a popular gift.  I gave
Heartland permission to allow Lacy Susan to sell the boxes which are described
as "spectacle cases" and she also now has smaller boxes that could be used for
pins or pills.  I am not affiliated with Lacy Susan, just a customer, and if
they are not on the website you could email her for details if you want one of
your own.

Janice
  Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org