Hi Sherry and other lacemakers,

Actually I prefer the term 'Tatting Motorcyclist' instead of 'Biker'.  <VBG>
No, I do not wear black leather...I prefer bright colored apparell to be seen.
And I always wear my helmet if the law tells me I have to or not.  That is a
brief intro to the difference (to me) of a biker versus a motorcyclist.

Yes, I do tat and needlelace and motorcycle and teach and every so often I get
to put two of my passions together.

My first solo motorcycling/ lace experience was the NJ IOLI Convention.  My
husband and kids  bailed on a family motorcycle/camping vacation and so I
decided I NEEDED a motorcycle trip and at the last minute decided to go.
Since then I have motorcycled 3 times to the Palmetto Lace In in SC from
Nebraska where I live, once to the IOLI Convention in Denver, and to several
national needlework shows where I taught.

Yes, I did tat a motorcycle.  I did it probably 15 plus years ago.  It is
all tatted in components and then stitched onto a piece of cloth backing.  As
many of you who know me know, I love 'advanced tatting techniques' and the
motorcycle was for me to prove to myself that I could use techniques to create
a unique tatted piece.  I have been asked  to on several occasions for the
pattern.  Well---'If' I actually get around to writing up the pattern it, will
probably look different than it does now.  The motorcycle I patterned my
tatted piece off of is a Triumph model (not very popular).  If I do write a
pattern it will 'have' to look like a Harley.  That is what 98% of people
want.

Right now I am diligently working on a 'Fun With Split Rings' book.  I have
way too many patterns for one book and just keep coming up with more.

Karen Bovard
The ShuttleSmith
Omaha, Nebraska