From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Aurelia Loveman
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:22 PM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] "Venetian" lace

Dear spiders ——  Help! I have been reading an ancient book, Tebbs' "Art of
Bobbin Lace."
It's as different as can be from the contemporary publications that we use
nowadays.
Reading along in it, I came to a chapter on "Venetian Lace." No explanation
given as to
what it is. I looked about in all my other books, nobody else has anything to
say about
"Venetian" lace. If it could have been a reference to needle lace, it wouldn't
have
been a problem, but the book is only about bobbin lace. Does anybody have any
idea as
to what Venetian lace might be?

Aurelia
Catonsville, Maryland USA