I got in touch with Hinojosa Lace thanks to Carolina's pattern books. I
didn't know Carolina then, and met her through Arachne. That was many years
ago.. perhaps 10? Carolina learned to make this type of lace from one of the
few women that still knew how to make it in those times. Because this lace
has been unknown, as it was also only made in some small parts of Spain, and
unknown in the rest of the country. Carolina is one the first lacers who
started to design her own patterns based on this technique and offer them on
sale. And I must say they are all very beautiful. I must also say that old
patterns were not available anywhere then, because the owners kept them
jealously. So, Carolina´s patterns were in fact the only way to work this
lace during a whole decade.

At the same time, in another part of Spain, Mariña Regueiro, also fascinated
by this lace, which she happened to see for the first time in 1984, started
to make a deep research, searching for its roots. And the book Jacqui
mentions is the result of many years of investigating. It has just been
published. I have seen it, and it is a very very good book. A lot of
history, old pictures of lacers, of laces... and finally a lot of patterns
with diagrams (really important).

With Carolina's patterns and Mariña´s book you will certainly have enough
information and patterns for a whole life!

Best regards from a really warm Spain.

Antje González