My first lace pillow was a 60cm straw-stuffed Belgian cookie pillow. It was
*far* more pillow than I needed and in the years since I have only rarely
used much of its surface.

I had never done bobbin lace, never seen it done in person, but dearly
wanted to try it. So I contacted an online dealer (now out of business) and
naively asked them to put together what I needed to get started. Huge
pillow, dozens of bobbins, threads, a book. It cost me a small fortune. They
made a lot of money off this naive beginner.

Even so, all turned out well. That's not how I would recommend kitting out a
newbie, but none of it's gone to waste!

Sr. Claire