Mine was a strange, straw-filled, rectangular pillow about 12 inches x 8 inches x 3 inches, which I was given by a friend before I even knew about bobbin-lace. She came from Bedfordshire and told me this was what the pillow was used for. It is nicely covered in blue cotton, and would be a lot more useful if it had a circular cross-section, and could then be used as a bolster.

Has anyone else met up with a lace pillow like this one?

I used it for the first piece of lace I made from the Readers' Digest handbook, but then gave up trying lacemaking as the thread used was so thick and the design so odd that I couldn't believe it was lace!!

Later another fired talked me into going to evening classes with her - and that turned out to be to make lace.

Sue

sueba...@comcast.net