Hi Debora and arachnids.

Thank you, that was a great help as it showed me that I should have transferred the manual from my computer to my Kindle first (Embarrassed smile). I can now play with the program to see what its useful points are for me.

Happy lace making,

From: Debora Lustgarten
Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:03 PM

Hello all,
I use this program and I like it a lot. The user manual/help file can
be found on-line here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/
You don't need to use other programs to open it or use it.

Debora Lustgarten

At 05:18 PM 18/08/2011, J D Hammett wrote:
Hi Mary and other Arachnids,

Has anybody else downloaded this program? I tried three times and had to un-install it three times as neither Adobe 10, Windows office nor any other program on my computer could open the instructions. It would not work any way I tried it. It kept giving a message to say that the content was "unreadable" [sic]. Can anyone help because this would be an extremely useful program for converting lace-files as well as kindle-files if I can get it to work.

Happy lace making,

Joepie, East Sussex, UK

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Robinson
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:43 PM

On another note, all the publications
are in .pdf format. If you have an ebook reader like Nook or Kindle or
whatever, you can use free software called calibre to convert the .pdf files
to be read on your ebook reader.

Calibre can be found here. It's also a way
to organize your ebooks:
http://calibre-ebook.com/download

Here's a quote
about it's format conversion capabilities:
Format Conversion
Calibre supports
the conversion of many input formats to many output
formats.