Then Robin P. said:
>Someone's already mentioned Christine Springett's books.  Her first is "Lace
>for Children of All Ages"; enough said?  There are a couple of books on
>Schneeberger.  It's a relatively easy lace and the patterns include simple
>flowers, small animals, etc. that would appeal to kids.  Lia Baumeister-Jonker
>wrote one book, can't remember the author of the other.  There are also a
>couple of (Swedish?) books by Fagerlin (and another author, but I can't
>remember who) that have relatively simple animal and flower motifs.  Idrija is
>another lace with lots of simple/fun motifs.  The lace schools in Idrija have
>designing as part of their curriculum and even the youngish kids do it so
>there are nice, kid-friendly pieces available.

I actually have the Springett book for children, looked through it. It has lots
of stuff. Often pieces of lace used in combination with other things, creating
a big bang for the effort.  Good idea about the Schneeberger.  I also have the
Idrija books, and have ordered patterns from someone in Idrija.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where at 8 a.m. we still have fog and
expect some rain and chill.  Good day for hot tea and lace.