The internet, with all its technical advantages came at an opportune moment for lacemaking. We are relatively few, but mighty. Information is power, and information about lace is readily available in abundance on the internet, and increasing. And now distance teaching is being explored. And there are self-published books being produced, diminishing the out of print phenomenon, as well as saving out of copyright books on the internet for all to see and use. We can get pictures of lace for sale, or out of various collections, in our home, which can be so educational and inspiring. Museums are putting decent photos of their collections online for view, eliminating burdensome trips to the actual place. Lacemakers from around the globe are able to readily find each other and communicate ideas, questions, answers, photos, scans, opinions. All of this is making access to the world of lacemaking a global phenomenon to all who desire. It comes with thousands of hours of volunteer work, a willingness to try new things by people dedicated to the art of lacemaking. Lacemaking is not for everyone, but for those who have an interest, it is all there, and surely more will come as technology advances. Nothing will replace the needle and thread, the pillow and the bobbins, but even they are much more readily available, as well as the information on how to use them.

For all who have made this phenomenon possible, I say, Thank You.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the big storm passed us by, and we are cold, 21F, -4.5C and sunny at 8:30 a.m.