'Where have all the tatters gone!?'

I have had to admit that I am not
technically savvy but I have been wondering recently about how to get in touch
with tatters.  It used to be that most everyone with internet service 'hung
out' on the listserver like Arachne, HBTatters, etc.  Someone recently
mentioned 'that listservers were a thing of the past'.  Since then I have been
realizing that they are right.  It used to be that there were alot of
wonderful threads of discussion going all the time about tatting on the
listservers....now it seems dead.  In the mean time, Blogs/Blogging has come
into being. As someone who works and spend her available spare time designing
tatting, tatting up the pieces and then writing books with the patterns I
really haven't had time to read/follow blogs.  Now I realize that the whole
social network thing is totally outside my understanding.   (I'm still trying
to figure out FaceBook, never mind Pinturest!).  I joined several Yahoo Groups
but the
 traffic and number of participants is so small that I never
get appreciable answers/suggestions to my enquiries.

So, my big questions
are:  Where are tatters socializing/sharing ideas?

or is the better
question 'How' to get into contact with tatters.

Do most tatters spend their
time reading blogs instead of connecting other ways?  I have spent time
writing a blog and giving away patterns and techniques but am wondering if
anyone is reading it.  It seems like I need to find a way to market my blog so
that my time is well spent.  All in all it seems to be a circular activitiy.

Any ideas as to 'Where have all the Tatters Gone?' ( can't you hear the
music!)????

Karen Bovard
The ShuttleSmith
Omaha, Nebraska