Treasure it Noelene.
Today's linen thread will never be as smooth and strong as this.
I do not know the Bull Brand linen but I recently acquired some 'Square
Sail' linen 60/2 and am using it at the moment for a torchon runner. I
wound it from the wooden reel into a hank and washed it first and it did
not shrink one iota.
I don't know when they stopped harvesting and processing flax into linen
by hand and started using machines but the old linen is spun with
lo-o-ong fibres which makes it so smooth and strong, whereas todays flax
is chopped up by the machines so can never be as smoothly spun.