David, one problem with Facebook is that not everyone subscribes, and many of
us who do only post very little.  There is a lot of concern about how much
information is gathered and who can see it.  A third concern is that after only
a short time, the picture you posted is *way* down the queue and difficult to
find unless the searcher knows specifically how to look for it.

Having said that, there is no reason you couldn't set up a group as you
suggest, and see if it works!  The Flickr account is still there for those who
like it.

Clay

Sent from my iPad