I looked at the photos of the veil and in the picture with the coin it is possible to see that the lace is Princess Lace. This should make it easier to find a redundant piece of princess lace to be able to mend the net or make a new flower sprig to cover the tear. Princess lace often seems to turn up in charity shops or suchlike. It is made from fancy tapes. No bobbin lace required.
Best wishes for finding a way to repair it.

Janis Savage in South Africa