Dear all,
If you don't know what bobbins to go for, buy the bobbins you love the look of.
I was used to continental bobbins, but I loved the look of the spangled Midland
bobbins. So I bought 10 pairs and spangled them myself. When I first used them
I thought I made the biggest mistake, I didn't like working with them.  Now I'm
used to both of them.

Joke in Glasgow enjoying the Commonwealth Games

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 Jul 2014, at 18:42, <hottl...@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All!  I'm going to take a stab at answering Jeri's question & my answer
> is geared toward beginners.  First--consider borrowing bobbins from a
> lacemaking friend.  Easier said than done, but you won't know unless you ask.
>  Second--it won't matter what style bobbin you buy if you only buy a few!
> Resist the impulse to acquire gobs of bobbins because they are less expensive
> in bulk.  When I started, the bobbin seller said to pick the ones that felt
> "right" in my hands.  When you are not experienced, they all feel the same!
> It's hard to know until you've made several patterns, by which time you have
> "used" bobbins.  It's easier to sell/give a few bobbins to your friends if
> you find they aren't right for you after the fact.  Third--beware the
> creative bias of fellow lacemakers or bobbin sellers.  Their favorite bobbin
> won't necessarily be yours.  Been there, done that.  Fourth--to roll or not
> to roll, that is the question.  My bobbin vendor emphasized rolling bobbins,
> pro!
 ba!