Lace Book Authors:  One thing I learned in the past few days (didn't  write
down the source) is that it is less expensive to have a British book
published in the U.S. than it is to ship from overseas.

Hi Brenda

I have looked into this idea. The only print-on-demand printing company I
could find that prints in UK, USA and Australia is too poor a quality (pulp
fiction) for my diagrams and photos. They also require you to have separate
accounts for each country, pay the set-up cost for each country and pay you in
the local currency, with all the conversion and tax implications that brings.
I was not going there. However, they will send out individual books at a cost
of £1.20 per book on top of the postage (that was 3 years ago).

I quote cost of book plus postage and require to be paid in sterling (PGB) by
cheque or PayPal. I do not use a commercial PayPal account. Apart from the
first flurry, about 6 months when a book comes out, my PayPal receipts drop
down and it costs about 7% to use a domestic account. Ignore any threats they
make, they are only trying to make you use the more expensive account, just
keep less than £1,900 in the account.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have on the subject to the best of
my ability.

Happy lacemaking

Alex