I have been enjoying learning about Veronika's work/thesis.  Very cool!!! I
just wanted to point out that there are some math ties to tatting too.  A few
years back, Patty Dowden introduced the tatting world to 'Hyperbolic Tatting'
and taught it at the Minnesota IOLI Convention (so sorry I couldn't go to be
in that class!).    Follow the following link to explore Patty Dowden's work
on Hyperbolic
Tatting:http://api.ning.com/files/7K-JVVxwVhh4LGvReFO018O*M*lVkVxiCkKDXgkvZES
9uImRI9DR6d5*5E-Te54YQgM07nM*LFJxlaKHH-5w6iU-Gm28GnaB/HyperbolicTatting.pdf
 Just recently I was in the Denver Art Museum Textile Gallery and they had
some wonderful displays up that introduced fiber/textiles as 'Art'.  In the
tatting display was a couple of small tatted bits of hyperbolic tatting.  I
faintly recall that Patty gave a workshop there...but could be completely
wrong about that.  I have a picture of the display and hyperbolic tatting on
my blog:  www.TheShuttle.com/shuttlesmithblog I have been researching and
playing around with the concept of Tesselation in my tatting design work.  My
last book, "MORE Fun with Split Ring Tatting", introduces that theme and
features unique tatted designs with Tesselation in mind.  However,
"Tesselation" refers to designs made of identical shapes but the shapes must
fit together without any gaps.  I have a few of these designs in my book.
BUT....Lace is about the negative space (holes) enhancing the positive parts
(the thread) in the design.  Thus I came up with a new term:  LACE
TESSELATION.  Many of my designs fit into that category. You can see some of
the designs on the front covers of the book at this
address:  www.TheShuttleSmith.com/books-for-sale/   There are more in the
book. Karen BovardThe ShuttleSmithOmaha, NEwebsite & blog:
www.TheShuttleSmith.com

     On Friday, February 6, 2015 9:16 AM, Veronika Irvine <v...@uvic.ca>