Thanks for the welcome back Bev, and also for your and Sally's welcome
advice. Sally touched on something that worried me from day 1 when I first
started making lace .... Posture and position at the cushion.  Pity there
isn't a group of recommendations to follow: cushion at such and such a
height and angle, height of table etc etc.  I think that I will have to
find a working position that will maximise strengths and minimise aches and
pains.

I cleaned my pillow last weekend and let all the tools roll in my hands,
and I sorted my bobbins and looked at beautiful threads and silks.  So much
joy there.

Mietjie