In the board scheme of things any textile constructed with decorative holes is
lace, but if there are specific sub-categories  then I would say that hairpin
crochet should be in the crochet class - and similarly a Shetland lace shawl
would be in the knitting class etc.

If the work is good and it’s compared to things like crochet afghan blankets
etc then it’s probably to the advantage of the hairpin piece.

> On 5 Sep 2015, at 03:57, c...@fastmail.us wrote:
>
> She specifically asked me if Crocheted Hair Pin Lace
> should be in the Lace or Crochet Category.  I'm at a loss since I would
> consider it crocheted, but there are other "lacy" crochet designs that I
> have seen. Plus all the Knitted Lace.  I am searching for an opinion
> here.

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk