I read the article.  Hoping they are successful.  I remember what
difficulty I had finding a lace teacher around NYC back in the mid
90's (I lived in the Bronx back then).   Fortunately, I found Arachne
and through them was able to connect with the same lace group
(Metropolitan Chapter of IOLI).

I was not able to attend meetings of the Metropolitan Chapter because
of work, but thanks to Arachne, I was able to connect with the NELG
and attend their meetings in Masschusetts since they were held on
weekends.

If you are going to their meeting, please encourage them to post on
all the lace groups on Facebook.  I am sure there may be lace makers
on Long Island, in some of the boroughs on NYC.and lower Westchester
County who would love a local lace guild.

Helene Ulrich
Loris, South Carolina