Dear Lacemakers,

We have lost another of our precious lace experts, Radmila Zuman.

You can read her obituary by clicking on her name (on the  right) at:

http://www.dignitymemorial.com/garner-funeral-service/en-us/index.page

Be sure to click to read the entire write-up about her life, because there
is much about lace.  I have put a note in the guest book, and thought some
of you might also like to send appreciation for all she contributed to lace
 knowledge.  However, messages may not appear, according to  the automatic
message I received after posting.   Horrid how businesses try to profit from
such things.  Here  is what I wrote:

"Radmila was a lace teacher and author who brought Czech lace (and culture)
 to many lace guild members.  We have lost a great friend who promoted this
 art across America and also in her native country.  Some of us  remember
how thrilled she was to attend the 2004 l'Organisation International de  la
Dentelle au Fuseau et a l'Aigulle (OIDFA) Congress in Prague.  Love to  her
family and close friends.  Radmila, may your threads never tangle  in Heaven.
 Jeri Ames, Winthrop, Maine"

Hope IOLI and other guilds around the world will be able to feature  her
last piece of lace (described in the obituary) on a Bulletin  cover, and give
her a nice send-off.

We simply cannot afford to lose so many of our very talented lace artists
without replacements.  In memory of Radmila, please encourage a young
person to learn to make lace.  Show them the very modern pieces she  created.

My library contains the following, which is in the IOLI library and
probably in may local lace guild libraries:

Treasury of Patterns (in English and Czech)
Published by Palickovani, 2004
Praha, Czech Republic
90 pages of patterns, prickings, and photos of lace
Contains Referencesa (Books) and Sources (Museums/Guilds)
ISBN 80-86455-04-1

IOLI Library:

https://internationalorganizationoflace.org/Library/books_by_author.pdf

Jeri Ames in Maine USA