Hello All!  There's a new issue in my lace world this week.  After borrowing
several books from the IOLI library, I wanted to try to make some "eggs" for
our library exhibit next spring.  There is a pattern (pg 10) in "Gekloppelte
Ostereier" by Annelies Kirst that looks interesting but it is a ground I do not
recognize.  There is a small diagram for Sternchengrund (by Brigitte Bellon)
but no directions.  I looked in "The Book of Bobbin Lace Stitches" & there are
some similar stars, but not the one in the Kirst book.  Is anyone familiar with
this ground & would you be willing to share the order of the work/stitches?
The diagram makes no sense to me so any suggestions would be most welcome.
BTW--as an update, I was able to successfully use the advice I received last
week for making a backstitch & sewing in the same space.  Working in a new
section of my project, I used your picot pin trick to make large pinholes.
What a difference when making sewings!  In spite of running o!
 ut of thread & various other booboos, I finished a flower outline so I'm
pleased & encouraged to move on & try a fancy leaf.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle
USA

Sent from my iPad