I agree - I never take a complicated project to my lace group meetings. I take
easy stuff - and even then I can quickly become confused.

I haven’t read the Anne books in several decades, but I recall her jibbing at
her needlework. This would have been plain sewing, which every woman had to do
all the time. Just imagine if every stitch in every piece of clothing you and
your family owned was hand done - by you! Plain sewing is fairly mindless and I
can imagine you would want to have people to talk to while you did it (though
as I recall Anne was left alone … big mistake, Marilla.)

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)