Idrija is a type of lace (originating in the town of Idrija, now in Slovenia)
not a brand of thread.

A lot of patterns do suggest using Idrija thread; in the sense of using thread
similar to that traditionally used in In Idrija and they probably mean
Coats Cipke Mojka Sukanac za Klekljanje Idrija
which translates as  Coats thread for Idrija bobbin lace.

Being a Coats thread you might find something similar branded as Anchor or
Mez, depending on where in the world you are.
You might also find something labelled as Textil za Turizem, sukanec za
Klekljanje Idrija which is very similar.

These are S spun 2 ply cotton threads;
No 25 = 23 w/cm  No 30 = 24 w/cm  No 40 = 28 w/cm

Brenda

> I have acquired some patterns for Idrija lace that I want to learn, but
> I am stumped on the thread sizing.  Alot of my patterns mention "idrija
> brand" thread in various sizes. I have looked in my threads for lace
> book, but I cannot find a reference to it. nr.40 is the most common
> size, but I have seen it mentioned in 30

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk