Hi Everybody:

I’ve often thought about using the flat pattern pieces from a sewing pattern
as a guide to making lace. If you were doing a part lace you could easily
design it so there was a space left between two pieces of flat lace, and when
you were done you could use simple braids to connect one to the other and it
would make a shaped piece. Theoretically it’s easy peasey. In real life …
well, I’m planning to try it this summer. We’ll see how it goes.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 3:29 PM, Jane <janefr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> We work on (almost) flat pillows, taking care that our lace is not distorted
by the pattern bending or lifting. Imagine working on a pillow that was shaped
like a woman’s body. How would you form the lace around that shape? Those of
you who have worked 3D lace might have some idea how to do this, but I would
find it extremely challenging. Or perhaps, how would you cut and construct a
(flat) lace fabric to create a particular style, a jacket or suit or ….?