http://hiddenfashionhistory.com/uncategorized/come-to-pittsburgh-and-see-the
-iris-van-herpen-show-at-cmoa/

One of the Lacemakers of Maine tipped me off to this exhibit in Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania, which will close soon.  You can search the name of Iris  van
Herpen to see more.  I suspect she had access to the lace  collection at the
Rijksmuseum.  If not, perhaps the lacemakers in  Amsterdam could invite her
to a lace exhibit that would inspire.

Wouldn't you love to have someone like her continuously presenting
fashions that use or are inspired by traditional lace?  Fashion  magazine
editors
always take note when contemporary lace is introduced  to them in new ways.
Remember the flying lace "cap" over an Amsterdam  canal engineered by
Choishine, the young Boston area architects?   We must show people of any age,
the
possibilities of lace as an art,  whether small or large.  It is the
unexpected that young professionals of  our time are delightedly discovering.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center