Interesting question you raise, Devon, about Point d'Angleterre.

I just received my issue of Piecework, and it's the annual Lace issue.  One
article is about a wedding veil that the author has ID'd as Point
d'Angleterre.

There's a pretty good close up of the work, and it's clearly a blend of
bobbin and needle laces, and is a stunning piece of lace.

But, now I'm asking myself, what exactly is Point d'Angleterre? I've seen it
used in a number of references over the years (some might be considered less
than scholarly, in this day and age), and it seems like it's become a
'go-to' term in some circles to label something that doesn't easily fit into
a classification.

Am I understanding it right, that it's a description that has evolved into
something else with time?  That 200 years ago it was used to label a certain
type of lace, but now it's used differently?

Pondering my thoughts in Duvall, WA,
Helen