Dear Jane Partridge,

Thank you for this explanation.  Nice to know, as The Lace Guild was  not
mentioned in the original correspondence, only the word Guild.  There  are
other "Lace" publications that members of Guilds  worldwide receive.  Gmail is
used by people in many nations; not  exclusive to one country.  Some on
Arachne will agree (if you are  careful as to with whom you are exchanging
personal information)  that it is best if an official position is given below a

signature.  In fact, the original old "guidelines" for new Arachne  members
asked for a signature and general location.

As a matter of information, and not to tell anyone what to do:  Eight
official officers of the New England Lace Group (approximately 100  members)
all
have addresses formatted like the 2  that follow:
_NELGPresident@(ISP_ (mailto:NELGPresident@(ISP) )  _NELGLibrarian@(ISP_
(mailto:NELGLibrarian@(ISP) )    These  e-mail addresses never change.  They
are reassigned after  elections or upon being appointed to a position.  Any
of 8 officers may write to one (or all) members, and we know  precisely in
what capacity they are communicating.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 5/1/2017 3:22:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,