Did anyone receive my memo yesterday about the Thistle Threads blog?

One subject was Tricia Wilson Nguyen's recommendations of You Tube,
podcasts, audio books while you are doing handwork.  We women DO  multi-task,
and
some of her text was very interesting.  Many of  you are able to make Lace
and learn something new at the same  time!

On this morning's CBS Sunday Morning program, hosted by Jane  Pauley, there
was a segment about something related to  this: Soundless slow-motion
Public TV (without ads) in Norway.   It seems to have become a fad there, and
is
a nice way to watch something out of  the corner of your eye while making
Lace.  They showed a variety of film  examples, one of which was about
knitting, sheep shearing, etc.  Some of  these films run without repeating for
many
hours.  It's non-intrusive,  yet keeps you company when you glance up to
re-focus your eyes.

Second, there was coverage on this same program about children  competing
in the Robotic championships.  Had you read my memo and then  the Thistle
Threads Blog, it would have jumped right out at you.   These particular
participants were quite young, compared to the teenagers that  Tricia Wilson
Nguyen
coaches.

Correspondence on Arachne is scarce.  It is not a good trend.   Surely, you
have something to say about a recent guild meeting's speaker, work  you are
doing, questions to ask?

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center