Thank you Clare!  It was nice of you to consult your copy of the Belleville
book.  According to the Vermeer site, it was "made in Flanders province for
export to Holland.  Dutch lace is also called Cauliflower or Chrysanthemum lace
because of the pattern."  Now you know why I was trying to track down another
citation!  It would be interesting to know what other countries claim to be the
origin of Chrysanthemum lace.  It certainly is sinuous.  Sincerely, Susan
Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad