My problem with any lace translation is that the usual translation methods, such as a bilingual dictionary, i.e., English/German is that it doesn't translate the lace terms. I highly prize my glossary of lace terms, which does so in 9 languages, including Japanese. Last I looked, which was a few years ago, a German lace website still had them. However, I must admit that knowing the gist of the Japanese non-lace terms would certainly help clarify things.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the weather hasn't been quite sunny enough, but almost. My you all have an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. For you Brits, we honor our military fallen on May 30, not Nov. 11. A tradition begun after our Civil War.

Noelene wrote:
I recently discovered the free Google Translate app for android smart phones
and tablets.

You set your languages (e.g. French to English), point the lens of your
phone or tablet at the printed text, press the camera button, and it
translates for you.   It can't understand lace terms, of course, that's
asking too much, but it does at least enable you to get the gist of the
text.

And I was pleased to discover it worked with Japanese, so I can finally read
the text in my Japanese bobbin lace book!.

/