One of our most talented bobbin lace makers here in Maine contacted me
early this morning with a technical question that I cannot answer.   But,
someone on Arachne can!  I told her we might get a speedy response  because in
Europe it is already afternoon.  I requested a description of  the pattern Vi
is using.  Vi does know how to do this maneuver  with a 4-petal flower.
Details follow:

I have all the Idrija books that are available as well as  instructions
from two Idrija classes with Allie Marguccio, but there is no  instruction on
this particular situation.

This is a  pattern for a 5-petal flower with a bead in the center and three
beads  hanging below the flower, attached to the flower.  It was purchased
from www.lacepatterns.eu (PAPRO).  The designer is Irma Pervanja, and the
pattern was on a loose sheet of paper.  The design number is st. 132202, 5
cm.  I have all the Idrija Lace books available to the U.S. And none of  the
Idrija Lace books include a 5-way join through the center of a  bead.  I
have done lots of Idrija Lace jewelry and never came across this  puzzle
before.

Also, how should the three hanging beads below the flower be  done?

Thank you for any help on this lace issue!

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center