I took a Flanders class in Peterborough, England in April.  It's the kind of
class people go back to year after year.  Louise West was one of the students,
and she was showing the proofs of her new book, which was about to go to the
printer.  I ordered one, and it arrived after publication on May 11.

For a while I think I was the only owner of the book in the US.  I forgot the
book when I went to my next lace meeting, but I had the title and the website
address.  One of the members purchased it based on my recommendation.  I can be
persuasive.  Then yesterday, June 4, I remembered to bring the book when 15
members of the group demonstrated at Winterthur, one of the summer homes of the
Duponts, owners of the huge chemical company in Delaware. There is a large
textile collection there.  We were demonstrating to bring attention to the
Public Day of the 2017 IOLI National Convention on July 19 at the Radisson
Valley Forge Hotel, outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  I think that
everyone who looked at the book was planning on buying it.

As Noelene says, it is not a book for beginners.  No cross and twist
explanations in the beginning.  You do need to know how to make leaves, but
that's the same with almost all Bedfordshire patterns.  The patterns get
progressively more complicated, and the instructions and diagrams get
progressively less.  The instructions are meticulous.  But the notable thing
about this book is the nature of the designs.  While based on traditional
designs and techniques, there is a vitality to these designs, and a freshness
because the designs are by someone modern, looking forward after looking back.
I believe that Louise West has an MA in Textile design, or something like that.
 I predict that Louise will be an important name in world wide lace circles.

I do not know who carries this book, as I purchased directly from the author,
in cash, etc.  But the website is:
www.louisewestlacedesign.co.uk

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the weather has been very pleasant,
even with some rain.  Only 9 more days of school for the kids in our
neighborhood.

"My email sends out an automatic  message. Arachne members,
please ignore it. I read your emails."