The samples of black silk lace edgings made in Ipswich, Massachusetts, in
1789-1790 are finally available to all lace makers and historians.
"THE LACE SAMPLES FROM IPSWICH, MASSACHUSETTS, 1789-1790. Patterns and
Working Diagrams for 22 Lace Samples Preserved at the Library of Congress"
ISBN 978-0-9990385-0-5, by Karen H. Thompson is now in print!!
Over the last many years I have been working on and off reconstructing
these wonderful samples, and have now made the complete set available in a
book format for everybody to enjoy. The soft-cover book has a short
introductory history, building on Marta Cotterell's Ipswich book from 2003.
A few pages are dedicated to basic technical information, including the key
to the color-coded diagrams. The main section is the patterns. Each pattern
has 2 facing pages with an image of the original sample, the reconstructed
sample, the color-coded diagram and the the full-size pricking.  The
pricking is located close to the edge of the page, so it can be copied (for
personal use only, please). A couple of the more complicated patterns has 2
extra pages with detailed diagrams.   The book is available through Amazon,
both in the US and on other continents. It retails for $24, or the
equivalent in other currencies. You will be able to preview several pages
on the Amazon site. At the IOLI Convention in Philadelphia July 16-22, 2017
the book will be available from Holly Van Sciver and Maria Provencher, and
by pre-order from me directly, as long as I receive the order before July
1. Please contact me privately.
It is my great hope my many long hours with this project will be of benefit
and pleasure to the lace community.

Karen on the East coast of the US