Thank you,  Jenny.  Tess did a tremendous amount of  work.  Books may be
easier to scan today than when she took on this  project for us, making so
many out-of-copyright books available - free - to  anyone with a computer.  Her
set-up meant standing for hours and hours and  lifting the books
continuously.  If you have seen heavy original books  like the Ricci set, you
know it
had to be back-breaking work that required skill  so fragile pages and
bindings would not be damaged.

A bit of information about this specific publication to which Jenny has
referred, "Battenberg and Point Lace Book":  It was re-published by  Lacis in
San Francisco in 1987, and may still be available.

Two copies are kept in my library.  The version Tess scanned  is under
Priscilla, and the Lacis version is under the author's name:   Nellie Clarke
Brown.

A teaching moment:  There are several ways to search for  what has been
said about this book:  Battenberg, Nellie Clarke Brown,  Lacis, Point Lace,
Priscilla, and by the book's title.  People who are  interested in braids may
find the contents useful, because tapes  are similar to braids.  And, of
course, these laces are made by a  threaded needle and are considered to be
embroidery.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 6/11/2017 2:24:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,