Dear Susan,

Thanks for reminding of this wonderful resource.  I have been to  the
Landesmuseum in Zurich Switzerland twice to view needlework, the first time  40
years ago.  On that visit, I was carrying a letter of introduction to  the
curator responsible for embroideries - written in the local dialect by a
Swiss-American embroidery friend.  On that visit I was taken to see
white-on-white embroideries - very old- and certainly of interest to those
partial to
the history of Europe and the very early needlework produced  there.
Digital photography has advanced to where everyone can view  treasures in the
great museums, without the expense of travel.

It is very expensive to travel in Switzerland.  I recommend this  museum,
but - perhaps in the interest of everyone getting the most from  travel -
send trailing men to other tourist attractions if they do not  share your
interests(?)   It is horrible to be rushed along by  them.  Nearly every
European
city of note has museums devoted to subjects  that they will enjoy.  Then,
when you meet for dinner, you both will  have something unique to add to
table conversation(?)

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 8/4/2017 9:33:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,