Many of the Bucks Point prickings have only about an inch of dots for the
ground pins. It took a long time for me to find out that this was because
after the last row of ground pins the lacemakers would be able to work the
ground without any pins, so the work would be a lot faster.
I wonder if the tells were spoken quicker, or were there different tells for
working faster ground? !!
These are the sorts of mysteries that will never be answered, but are
fascinating to ponder on!

(OK, we are in the midst of a sudden heatwave, - so maybe I have had too much

If only I could remember more of Grandma’s stories about those days!!  I
always enjoyed listening to them,. But never listened hard enough to remember
them!!
Thank goodness for people like Thomas Wright!!!!!!

Regards from Liz. In Melbourne, Oz.